The Argus, 30 August 1952, p.32
One of these job timecards was used to hastily scribble the names of the Die Shop football team members for a photo taken at a game at Werribee on 9th September 1962.
Does anyone have any information about the use of these?
Some photos supplied by Ray Pond, whose father Ernie was a Goetz employee. Dates unknown except where noted. If anyone has any info to share, please leave a comment!
Click images below for larger versions.
Frustratingly, most Goetz catalogues and promotional material did not include a publication date, but a clue in this comb-bound publicity brouchure saying that W. G. Goetz & Sons Ltd had “Over 121 years service to industry”, places the brochure at or shortly after 1996. The brochure lists various services provided by both W. G. Goetz & Sons Ltd and Goetz Manufacturing Pty. Ltd.
Click the thumbnail image below or here to download the brochure as a PDF 1.2 Mb
The main workshops were demolished in 2008 to make way for new buildings that are now a small industrial estate. The original brick office building along Hall Street remains, now home to a number of businesses including a craft brewery. Perhaps as part of the Heritage Overlay on the building, the Goetz sign has been retained.
The photos in the gallery below were taken around June 2008 by Melbourne writer Vin Maskell, originally posted in his blog entry The Goetz engineering sign. Reproduced here by permission. Thanks Vin!
The photos in the gallery below were taken around May 2008, kindly supplied by Ron Collins.
A few photos from the factory in Hall Street, Spotswood, from an early catalogue.